Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Through The Eyes Of My Boss

So...I started a new job recently, and thought for the dumb of itId put myself into my bosses shoes. Or maybe more accurately, put my bosses brain into my skull for awhile ;)

Please note: Quotation marks in regular print is THINKING, and quotation marks in bold is actual quotations ;)

*ZzzzZzzzZzzz* *Snork!* "Oh my! I must have slept pretty well, the TV is being re programed so it HAS to be past 3:00am!" *Drinks a sip of water and stretches her arm* "I can't seem to get comfortable, maybe I'll have the new girl stick some cream on my knees and feed me. Come to think of it, I don't think I've had my night pills yet." "Julie! Put some of that cream on my knees." "Julie?!?!" "She must be sleeping on the floor."

 (Maybe I should mention here that my boss is bed-fst, and can only lay down on one side, facing the opposite of the chair I normally sit in, so she couldn't turn around and see if I was there or not)

"Julie! Help! Julie!" "Ah, she is sleeping good! Wonder what makes her think she is allo
wed to sleep when I'm paying her to work for me!" "JULIE!!" *sigh* "I wish she'd get up! My throat is getting horse" "Julieeeee! Wake up!!!" "Maybe if I throw this box of dirty Kleenex's over the bed it'll land on her and wake her up. Its light enough it shouldn't hurt her." *Tosses the Kleenex's over the bed, hears it bounce around and hit the trash can. No movement from Julie* "Stupid new girl. Can't get ANY decent help around here now days! I can't believe this! "Juuuuulllliiieeeee" "Its hopeless! First thing I do in the morning is fire her! I can't have someone who falls asleep on the job, let alone someone who can't wake up!" "Julie?!?!" "No, I got that wrong, first thing I do when she wakes up is fire her NOW!" "Julie, wake up!" "Well, if SHE won't answer I guess I'll have to call my husband. Hope he hears me! I'm horse now." "Honey!?!?! Honey, can you come in here! Please?" "He probably is in bed" "Honey?!?! ANYBODY!! please come in here!" "Grrr, I can't stand that new girl. I'm so mad I could kill her right now! *Sigh* (This continues on for around 20inutes)
"Well, I guess its hopeless to try calling anybody. I might as well lay here and hope to fall back asleep"
"Hello! Mrs____ how are you doing?" "There's Julie! Wonder what she was doing outside my room, looks like she just came in the door" "So you FINALLY woke up! Its about time!" "Me?" says the new girl "I wasn't asleep, I just got here" "What?!?! She JUST got here? Surely she was supposed to come in at midnight" "What time is it?" "11:54" The new girl replied."Oh! I thought it was 4:30 or something. The TV is doing its 'circles'" "Oh, says Julie That's just on rest mode because you didn't change channels or anything for awhile, it thinks you're asleep" "Well, Where is my husband?!?! I've been calling for somebody for a half an hour!" "Your husband fell asleep in his chair, I passed him in the living room coming in here and he was sleeping with Roo (The cat) on his lap." "Oh, well my pillows don't feel good, and I'm hungry, I need my blood sugar checked, and I"m freezing! Turn off that fan first thing! I've been yelling to my throat hurts trying to get someones attention, that stupid TV tricked me into thinking it was later. Will you put the blanket on me? I got so cold"....*And thus continued the night/day*

Just a simple misunderstanding, and the accidental falling asleep of her husband. She was pretty upset when I arrived, but she realized that all the noise and Kleenex's didn't work because I wasn't even there...

It was nobodys fault, just something that happened. No harm done.

I still have a feeling that she was put out with me for the rest of the night though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment