Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Man--Harvey




 One and a half years ago I started working for a wonderful gentleman-Harvey. Me being almost the only one that was available for days at that time, I ended up spending a lot of time with him. Like any job, there can be ups and downs, but all in all I have REALLY enjoyed working for this man. He, like everybody else, has had such an amazing and full life. Anyway, the other day I realized that after me being with him all this time, I didn't have ONE picture of him! I happened to have my camera in the car and snapped a few pictures of 'my man' :p

In the first picture Harvey (He doesn't like to be call Mr. anything) was closing his eyes, unaware of my sneaky little tactic to get a picture taken of him.

Second picture, after the flash went off he told me he'd show me the way the 'real' cowboys like their picture taken...covering his eyes with his hat.

Third picture, I promised him this would be the last one, since he isn't a bragger, and doesn't care for his picture to be taken. Alas! His eyes were closed...again!

I love this man, he is such a kind and considerate man. BUT he IS a jokster! He gets me quite often, and loves to make people laugh.

In a way he is so much like my dad...just the personality. I told my dad that I knew exactly how he was going to be when he was 92!

His family called me at a time when I had no job, and really needed the money, and at the time I was DETERMINED to never do a home-care job again! But, somehow the Lord provided me with this job, and although I'm not saying I will or won't do home-care in the future (I'll leave that up to the Lord and try to be willing to do whatever He calls me to do) I do feel like this is where God wanted/wants me at the time, and I am grateful that I can get to learn more about this gentleman/ farmer/ cowboy/ railroad man/ historian/ horseman. Jokes and all!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I can't imagine what your Dad will be like, when he is 92! :)

    And so cowboys don't like their face in the picture, so they tip there hat? I see! haha

    ReplyDelete